|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|MSc(RealEst)||FT / PT|
Programme information of 2017/18 is listed below. (Detailed information for 2018/19 will be updated soon.)
The MSc(Real Estate) programme approaches real estate from a business and economic perspective. The aims of the programme are threefold. The first aim is to introduce students to real estate assets and markets, within the overall framework of national, regional and urban economies. The second aim is to provide students with the theoretical insight and the analytical skills to identify potentially viable real estate investments and real estate development opportunities, including identifying and structuring innovative land conversion ventures and real estate investment and project financing. The third aim is to equip students with the necessary management skills to understand and participate in functional and general management of enterprises active in real estate markets.
Each student must complete
(1) twelve courses including prescribed and elective courses; or
(2) nine courses including prescribed and elective courses plus a dissertation.
The prescribed courses are:
- Economics for professionals;
- Land economics;
- Law for the real estate and construction industry;
- Project workshop (RE); and
- Institutional analysis for urban studies
The elective courses can be chosen from a wide range of options depending on the choice of the following majors:
- MSc(Real Estate)
- MSc(Real Estate) majoring in:
Real Estate Investment and Finance
The programme is professionally accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB). The Urban Development major is professionally accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS) for the General Practice Division and the Planning and Development Division.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (one year, with classes on daytime, evenings, and Saturdays)
Part Time (two years, with classes on evenings and Saturdays)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- Preferably a minimum of one year of work experience, some of which should be of relevance to the course applied (for part-time students only).
Programme Admissions Advisor
|Dr Wong, Kelvin S.K|
List of Programmes
Full Time: 12:00nn (HKT), February 1, 2017
Part Time: 12:00nn (HKT), February 1, 2017