|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|MSc(ConstProjectMan)||FT / PT|
The MSc(Construction Project Management) programme aims to introduce both the general skills of management science and the financial and administrative skills appropriate to professionals, within the context of the property and construction management process. The programme includes studies of the procedures involved in the effective management of property and construction, and the economic and legal constraints which determine them.
Each student must complete
(1) twelve courses including prescribed and elective courses; or
(2) nine courses including prescribed and elective courses plus a dissertation.
The prescribed courses are:
- Real estate and construction management practice;
- Procurement systems;
- Law for the real estate and construction industry;
- Project workshop (CPM);
- Management theory and projects; and
- Occupational health, safety and well-being in construction
The elective courses can be chosen from a wide range of options depending on the choice of the following majors:
- MSc(Construction Project Management)
- MSc(Construction Project Management) majoring in:
Quantity Surveying and Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
The programme is professionally accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB). The Quantity Surveying major is professionally accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS) and Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS).
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (one year)
Part Time (usually two years to three years, with classes on evenings and Saturdays)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
1. A Bachelor's degree;
2. A minimum of one year of work experience, some of which should be of relevance to the course applied (for part-time students only).
Programme Admissions Advisor
|Dr Kelvin Wong|