|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|MEd||FT / PT|
Programme information of 2017/18 is listed below. (Detailed information for 2018/19 will be updated soon.)
The Master of Education (MEd) is a postgraduate qualification ideal for experienced educators who are looking for opportunities to extend their professional knowledge in education. The programme has a substantial research component and is an essential step towards higher degrees by research. The specialist courses are normally drawn from one of the following areas: Chinese Language Education; Chinese Language and Literature; Teaching Chinese as a Second Language; Comparative and Global Studies in Education and Development; Early Childhood Education; Education and Society in China; Educational Administration and Management; English Language Education; English Language Studies; Guidance and Counselling Higher Education; Designing Powerful Learning Environments; Language Across the Curriculum; Science Education; Teaching of Science in an International Context; Youth Studies; Teaching and Learning Chinese Language; and the Generalist Educational Studies Strand.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (minimum one year, maximum two years, classes will generally be held on weekday evenings)
Part Time (minimum two years, maximum four years, classes will generally be held on weekday evenings)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree of this University or an equivalent qualification;
- A candidate seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong where the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to obtain one of the following English test scores:
- a score of 550 or above (paper-based test) or 80 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) #
- a minimum overall band of 6 with no sub-test lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) #
- grade C or above in either the Overseas General Certificate of Education, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education, or the Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language
# For admission, only TOEFL or IELTS scores recorded in the two years before the date of application will be considered.
- Satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination, if required.
Programme Admissions Advisor
Dr Li Hui
Dr Liz Jackson
List of Programmes
Full Time: 12:00nn (HKT), May 15, 2017
Part Time: 12:00nn (HKT), May 15, 2017