|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|EdD||FT / PT|
The Doctor of Education (EdD) is a professional doctoral degree intended for experienced professionals who are leaders, or aspire to be leaders, in education-related institutions and services. It aims to develop participants' capacity for inquiry and evidence-led decision-making and their ability to translate research findings into usable knowledge. It is also designed to enhance the capacity of educational practitioners to model and transmit best professional practices to others. The EdD programme is distinctive with its strong research focus and coursework component tailored to the needs and interests of participants and their work places. The Faculty places strong emphasis on multidisciplinary research with principal research areas# following the Division groupings:
- Chinese Language and Literature
- English Language Education
- Information and Technology Studies
- Learning, Development and Diversity
- Policy, Administration and Social Sciences Education
- Mathematics and Science Education
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
#Details of research areas are available at http://web.edu.hku.hk/programme/edd/areas_of_study.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (three years to five years)
Part Time (four years to six years)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
1. hold a Bachelor's degree with second class honours and a taught Master's degree; or a Bachelor's degree with first class honours; and
2. demonstrate a record of at least 4 years of professional experience in an educational institution or services in the education sector or other relevant sectors as judged appropriate by the Faculty.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be considered on their own merits.
Programme Admissions Advisor
|Dr Man Tak Yuen|
List of Programmes
Full Time: 12:00nn (HKT), February 20, 2018
Part Time: 12:00nn (HKT), February 20, 2018