Course Code: ARTS1011
Faculty of: Arts
Target Students: Non HKU Undergraduates
Area of Interest: Humanities & Creative Industries
Course Period: July 16, 2018 to August 3, 2018
Course Fee: HKD 13,000
Accommodation Fee: (HKD 2,580 for 6 nights) Optional and available to enrolled students
Discount: 10% off for students from HKU exchange partners
Early Bird Offer: Nil
Deadline for Application: March 16, 2018
Online Application: APPLY NOW
In this course students will be able to gain a solid understanding of language and its many facets. The focus will be on language as a human tool of communication as well as how we use it in its many forms. We are all experts in our own language, and being based in Asia we are also very likely to speak more than one language. But how do we know our own language so well? Why is a second language so difficult to master? How is language used in our everyday lives? These questions and many more will be answered in this challenging yet stimulating course.
Course Outline (2017):
Optional and available to enrolled students (Click here for more details)
Residential Package Price: HKD 8,600 (20 nights)
Check-in date: July 15, 2018
Check-out date: August 4, 2018
• For information about HKU exchange partners, please click here.
• The Faculty of Arts reserves the right to cancel a course should there be insufficient enrollment or any unforeseen circumstances
• Students can access to HKU Facilities including Cafeteria, Main Library, Flora Ho Sports Centre, Learning Commons and University Health Services. Meal expense, service fee and medical cost will be responsible by students.
• Students of non-credit bearing programmes will receive a certificate upon programme completion. Students of credit-bearing programmes can apply a transcript stated with HKU credits, please contact your home institution about the issue related to HKU credits recognition.
• In any case, students are strongly recommended to make their own insurance arrangements throughout the entire period of your programme. Students will be responsible for their own medical and dental costs during the period of the programme. Please refer to here (Point 5) for more information.