Below is an anticipated timeline for the Learn, Live and Intern in China (LLIC) 2017 programme.
Check-in: June 18, 2017
Check-out: August 19, 2017
|Seminar Series at HKU||June 19 – 23, 2017|
|Opening Ceremony in China||June 26, 2017|
|Internship in China||June 27 – August 17, 2017 (8 weeks)|
|Closing Ceremony at HKU||August 18, 2017|
*Programme content and funding arrangement are subject to change without prior notice.
Learn, Live and Intern in China (LLIC) 2017 Programme takes place between June 19, 2017 – August 18, 2017 (9-weeks). The below items are covered by the programme funding (Victor and William Fung Foundation Ltd) for overseas students:
- 1-week seminar series at HKU
- Networking events, social activities and orientation
- Accommodation in Hong Kong and China
- Airport transport in China
- Travel Insurance
- Airfare between Hong Kong and China
- Internship placement in China
The 1st batch of application deadline: January 23, 2017 (HKT)
The 2nd batch of application deadline: February 20, 2017 (HKT)
- The 1st batch applications submitted on time will be processed first and the 2nd batch applications afterwards. This means that if you submit after the 1st batch application deadline, all the applicants who have sent in their applications on time will be given admission before you. As the places in programmes are limited, this could possibly mean that you will not be accepted.
- Any vacancies in a programme will be offered to “late applicants” after the second selection round. This means that any potential admission will reach the late applicant rather late.
- While Oxford University students are very welcome to make an application for this programme, applications for Oxford students must be through The Oxford University Internship Programme here.
Founded in 2008, The Learn, Live and Intern in China (LLIC) Programme at The University of Hong Kong (HKU) brings together undergraduate students from around the world to experience China through a nine-week internship. LLIC has a unique network of companies that offer internships to our participants in China. Once accepted to LLIC, students are automatically guaranteed an internship with one of our partner companies. The internships are not intended to relate to a student’s major, but rather to provide practical working experience and an insight into the local working culture in China.
LLIC is unique in three ways:
- Many of the LLIC partner companies require neither Chinese language skills nor previous field experience from interns. Students from any academic background can apply.
- LLIC not only handles the internship placement for students, but also provides air-ticket between Hong Kong and China and houses all interns together.
- LLIC offers a unique framework for cultural exchange, as half of LLIC interns will be selected from HKU applicants and the other half from overseas institutions. All LLIC participants truly get the chance to meet people from all over the world.
Participants gain experience not only through studying and internships, but also through cultural exchange with the other local and overseas participants.
Because of its small size and generous funding offered to participants, LLIC remains an exclusive programme whose past participants come from some of the best universities in the world. Participants in previous programmes have represented universities such as Cambridge, Harvard, Duke, King’s College London, Pennsylvania, Yale and Oxford, among other quality institutions whose students continue to join each summer.
Estimated Personal Costs
**Costs are an approximation and will differ depending on individual needs**
|Roundtrip Air-ticket (from home to Hong Kong)||300-2,000|
|Daily Meals and Transportation||300-500|
|Miscellaneous and Personal Expenses||500-800|
How to Apply
Terms and Conditions of Participation
Please note that only undergraduate students are eligible to apply. LLIC strongly encourages you to fully read the website thoroughly to be aware of the terms and conditions of our before you submit an application. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Please fill in the online application form here. After you completed the online form with the required documents by the deadline. For enquiries, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted your application, you may be contacted for an interview within one month’s time. Accepted interviewees will be notified of their status via email. Interviews will take place either in person or online with one of the LLIC Programme Coordinators.
3. Accepting the offer
Successful applicants will be notified of the acceptance to the programme. They will have one week to review the terms of agreement. Then students will need to formal accept the offer. Students who have confirmed their participation are automatically guaranteed an internship by LLIC, but the location, the company, and the duties of the internship are all to be determined solely by the LLIC Committee, and are not subject to student requests.