Course Code: HS-ECON1210_2017
Level-of-study: Senior Secondary School Students
Course Period: June 26, 2017 to August 19, 2017
Programme Fee: HKD 4,260 and HKD 350 application fee
Deadline for Application:
- Local Applicants: May 31, 2017
Type of Programme: Credit-bearing course (6 credit)
Area of Interest: Economics, Business
Managed by: School of Economics and Finance, Faculty of Business and Economics
- Students: Local
- Study Level: Senior Secondary School Students
Class Date: Every Mon, Wed, Fri
Consultation Hour: 16:00-17:00
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites. This course is open to all students.
An introduction to the basic concepts and principles of microeconomics – the study of demand and supply, consumer theory, cost and production, market structure, incentives, and resource allocation efficiency, political economy, and ethics and public policy.
- To introduce price theory to analyze the choice of individuals, the decisions of firms, and the competitive market outcome of supply and demand interaction
- To introduce the strategic behavior of monopolistic firms and price discrimination
- To gain an understanding of the effects and consequences of different government interventions in the markets and the role of government in organizing economic activity
- To develop economic intuition rigorously
- To prepare students for leadership, enlightened citizenship and continuing economic studies
For more programme information, please visit: http://www.fbe.hku.hk/f/course/73161/ECON1001_ECON1210%20Introductory%20Microeconomics.pdf
#Important Note: You are required to settle the application fee of HKD 350 (non-refundable) when applying for admission to this credit-bearing summer course.