Course Code: ABCP2017
Managed by: HKU Summer Institute
Target Students: HKU Undergraduates, Non HKU Undergraduates
Area of Interest: Business & Management
Multi Location: Hong Kong
Course Period: July 31, 2017 to August 4, 2017
Course Schedule: Monday to Friday (09:30-12:30) & the company visit will be held in either one afternoon session (Date: TBC)
Programme Fee: HKD $6,500
Accommodation Fee: (HKD 2,250 for 6 nights) Optional and available to enrolled students
Deadline for Application: March 31, 2017
Online Application: APPLY NOW
Programme Fee includes:
• Programme Series
• Transport between Hong Kong and Macau
• Certificate upon Completion (non-credit bearing programme)
• HKU Facilities Access
This program aims to provide students with a sound foundation of accounting, business and communication. A wide range of topics will be taught that would enhance students’ learning and application. Students are required to participate in various activities that would increase their business knowledge. Everything covered in this program is essential to today’s business environment and would be value adding to the students’ future career.
- To provide students with basic knowledge regarding the key principles and concepts of financial accounting;
- To build up students’ comprehension of the accounting theory framework, the basic accounting cycle, and the preparation of financial statements;
- To develop students’ ability to use financial accounting information in different decision-making scenarios;
- To enhance and introduce various business communication skills;
- To develop students’ awareness of data management and information systems in the contemporary business world.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Data Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Communication, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Managing Communication through Social Media
- Information Systems Security Management
- Presentation Skills
• Students can access to HKU Facilities including Cafeteria, Main Library, Flora Ho Sports Centre, Learning Commons and University Health Services. Meal expense, service fee and medical cost will be responsible by students.
• Students of non-credit bearing programmes will receive a certificate upon programme completion. Students of credit-bearing programmes can apply a transcript stated with HKU credits, please contact your home institution about the issue related to HKU credits recognition.
• In any case, students are strongly recommended to make their own insurance arrangements throughout the entire period of your programme. Students will be responsible for their own medical and dental costs during the period of the programme. Please refer to here (Point 5) for more information.