The Taster Day programme, which was first launched in 2014, aims to offer local junior secondary students an exciting taste of the unique energy of HKU campus life. Students have the chance to learn from HKU's friendly and knowledgeable professors and experience a range of interesting workshops.
Please join our Facebook group to know more recent news from HKU Taster as well as information about forthcoming events.
What's Next: Taster @ Summer 2016
The HKU Taster @ Summer 2016 day programme immerses junior secondary school students in the unique vibrancy of campus life and excites their palates with amazing taste sensations. Through a mosaic of intriguing workshops, students will savour the 2-day learning experience led by innovative professors who will challenge them to think differently and creatively.
|Dates:||August 1-2 2016 (Monday & Tuesday)|
|Time:||9am-6pm (Registration starts at 8:30)|
|Medium of Instruction:||Cantonese/English|
|Fee:||HK $850 (Lunches are included)|
|Application deadline:||June 20, 2016|
Workshops offered by HKU Faculties:
- Faculty of Architecture: BA in Landscape Studies
- An Interactive Landscape Modeling Workshop
- Journalism and Media Studies Centre: Bachelor of Journalism
- Journalism and cyber information verification
- Faculty of Science
Disclaimer: Programme contents are subject to change without prior notice
- Register at https://www.summerals.hku.hk/application/auth/login
(Please choose“Secondary School”in Level of Study)
- Activate the account by clicking the link on the confirmation email
- Login to your account and choose “Course Selection”
- Select “HKU Taster @ Summer 2016” and complete the following information:
- Personal Information
- Academic Qualifications
- Awards & Scholarships
- Upload the supporting documents*:
- Most recent academic transcript
- Submit the application
*All documents should be uploaded in PDF or JPG format and the maximum upload size of each file cannot exceed 1MB. All file names must be in English.
Note to applicant:
- Selection is based on the academic and non-academic achievement of the applicants.
- Successful applicants will receive a notification by Email with payment instruction no later than July 18, 2016. Please arrange payment 3 days after you have received the notification.
- Confirmation letter with registration location will be sent to each successful applicants after payment is completed.
- Programme fee is non-refundable.