The Taster Day programme, which was first launched in 2014, aims to offer local junior secondary students an exciting taste of the unique energy of HKU campus life. Students have the chance to learn from HKU's friendly and knowledgeable professors and experience a range of interesting workshops.
Please join our Facebook group to know more recent news from HKU Taster as well as information about forthcoming events.
What's Next: HKU Taster @ Christmas 2016
We are pleased to inform you that the HKU Taster @ Christmas programme 2016 for S2-3 secondary school students will be available to enroll starting October 21, 2016.
The HKU Taster @ Christmas 2016 day programme immerses junior secondary school students in the unique vibrancy of campus life and excites their palates with amazing taste sensations. Through a mosaic of intriguing workshops, students will savour the 2-day learning experience led by innovative professors who will challenge them to think differently and creatively.
Dates: December 22-23, 2016 (Thursday & Friday)
Time: 9am-6pm (Registration starts at 8:30)
Medium of Instruction: English/Cantonese
Fee: HK $900 (Lunches are included)
Application deadline: November 18, 2016
Workshops offered by HKU Faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
Disclaimer: Programme contents are subject to change without prior notice.
- Register at https://www.summerals.hku.hk/application/auth/login
(Please choose“Secondary School”in Level of Study)
- Activate the account by clicking the link on the confirmation email
- Login to your account and choose “Course Selection”
- Select “HKU Taster @ Christmas 2016” and complete the following information:
- Personal Information
- Academic Qualifications
- Awards & Scholarships
- Upload the supporting documents*:
- Most recent academic transcript
- Submit the application
*All documents should be uploaded in PDF or JPG format and the maximum upload size of each file cannot exceed 1MB. All file names must be in English.
Note to applicant:
- Selection is based on the academic and non-academic achievement of the applicants.
- Successful applicants will receive a notification by Email with payment instruction no later than December 12, 2016. Please arrange payment 3 days after you have received the notification.
- Confirmation letter with registration location will be sent to each successful applicant after payment is completed.
- Programme fee is non-refundable.