The Taster Day programme, which was first launched in 2014, aims to offer local junior secondary students an exciting taste of the unique energy of HKU campus life. Students have the chance to learn from HKU's friendly and knowledgeable professors and experience a range of interesting workshops.
Please join our Facebook group to know more recent news from HKU Taster as well as information about forthcoming events.
What's Next: HKU Taster @ Easter 2017
We are pleased to inform you that the HKU Taster @ Easter programme 2017 for S2-3 secondary school students will be available to enroll starting January 20, 2017.
The HKU Taster @ Easter 2017 day programme immerses junior secondary school students in the unique vibrancy of campus life and excites their palates with amazing taste sensations. Through a mosaic of intriguing workshops, students will savour the 2-day learning experience led by innovative professors who will challenge them to think differently and creatively.
For the first time ever, this very special HKU Taster will give you the opportunity to explore the double degrees offered by the Faculties of Arts, Business and Economics and Law.
Double degrees allow you to study for two degrees at the same time, giving you career flexibility and a chance to pursue two different – but related – passions.
Dates: April 18-19, 2017 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
Time: 9am-6pm (Registration starts at 8:30)
Medium of Instruction: Cantonese/English
Fee: HK $900 (Lunches are included)
Application deadline: February 26, 2017
Workshops offered by HKU Faculties:
Faculty of Arts
- Law and Literary Studies Double Degree: The Art of Legal Argumentation
Faculty of Business and Economics
- Leadership in Modern Organizations by Dr. Dennis Hsu
Faculty of Law
Disclaimer: Programme contents are subject to change without prior notice.
You are invited to join our Facebook group( https://www.facebook.com/hkutaster ) to know more recent news from HKU Taster as well as information about forthcoming events
- Register at https://www.summerals.hku.hk/application/auth/login
(Please choose“Secondary School”in Level of Study)
- Activate the account by clicking the link on the confirmation email
- Login to your account and choose “Course Selection”
- Select “HKU Taster @ Easter 2017” and complete the following information:
- Personal Information
- Academic Qualifications
- Awards & Scholarships
- Upload the supporting documents*:
- Most recent academic transcript
- Submit the application
*All documents should be uploaded in PDF or JPG format and the maximum upload size of each file cannot exceed 1MB. All file names must be in English.
Note to applicant:
- Selection is based on the academic and non-academic achievement of the applicants.
- Successful applicants will receive a notification by Email with payment instruction no later than March 10, 2017. Please arrange payment 1 day after you have received the notification.
- Confirmation letter with registration location will be sent to each successful applicant after payment is completed.
- Programme fee is non-refundable.