Successful study on this four year dual degree programme will give you two Bachelor's degrees from two highly respected international universities – one from Europe – Sciences Po – and one from Asia – The University of Hong Kong (HKU). You will spend the first two years in France and the third and fourth years in Hong Kong. You will join a truly international cohort of students, as you complete your studies together across those four years.
- Get two degrees in four years from two leading international universities.
- Capitalise on the strengths of two world-class universities: Sciences Po, France's leading university in the social sciences (Top 4 worldwide in Politics and International Studies, 2016 QS ranking) and the University of Hong Kong, one of Asia's leading international universities and the 3rd most international university in the world (THE, 2016).
- French is not required as students can choose to study entirely in English, or French, or a combination of both languages. Sciences Po is the excellent destination for students who are not French speakers, but are interested in studying abroad in France.
Beyond Your Study
- Enhance your career prospects further with multinational companies.
- Understand and build bridges between Asia and Europe.
- Join one of the most international student cohorts in the world.
- Benefit from HKU's virtually full employment (99.7% for ten consecutive years) as you are eligible to work in Hong Kong after graduation. If you stay in Hong Kong for 7 years, you are then eligible for Permanent Residency without having to give up your home nationality.
France & Hong Kong
- Explore Sciences Po's multicultural campuses in France. The Sciences Po campuses in Reims, Menton and Le Havre are home to a tight-knit student community hailing from every part of the world. They all feature a vibrant cultural and social student life.
- Experience Hong Kong, breathe in the city. Hong Kong is ranked the 8th best student cities in the world (QS 2016) and came 1st in terms of world competitiveness (The IMD World Competitiveness Ranking 2016).
In France, students spend two years at Sciences Po on the Reims campus, the Menton campus or the Le Havre campus. Sciences Po offers an undergraduate programme in multidisciplinary studies with an international focus. Its courses range from law, economics, history to political science and sociology - as well as specialised courses according to specific regional focuses:
- Europe-Asia in Le Havre (courses in English)
- Europe-Middle East and Mediterranean in Menton (courses in English)
- Europe-Africa in Reims (only bilingual program, French knowledge required)
- Europe-North America in Reims (courses in English)
Programmes at Sciences Po are taught in English (no French requirements for being admitted) with intensive French language classes for all non-francophone students. The goal of the dual degree is to become proficient in both English and French, with multiple opportunities to learn Chinese.
Depending on which HKU degree you apply for, you can then specialise in your 3rd and 4th years at HKU in any of the Arts, Social Sciences, or Business majors.
The list of possible majors are:
|Bachelor of Arts||Bachelor of Business Administration||Bachelor of Social Sciences|
| || || |
Students will pay regular tuition fees at the host institution (two years at Sciences Po in France and two years at The University of Hong Kong) fixed at the time of enrolment. For the 2016-2017 academic year, the approximate annual fees are as follow:
| Sciences Po |
| HKU |
|Tuition Fees||€10,400 p.a.1||HK$146,000 p.a.2|
|Accommodation||Approx. € 4,800 p.a.||Approx. HK$12,000-HK$26,000 p.a.|
|Living Expense||Approx. € 6,000 p.a.||Approx. HK$40,000 p.a.|
1 Students whose parents’ tax residence is in the EEA (i.e. all EU countries, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) will pay fees according to a sliding scale, depending on total declared income and the size of the household.
2 For students who have Right of Abode in Hong Kong, local fees of HK$42,100 p.a. apply
At Sciences Po, non-European students can apply for the Boutmy scholarship programme based both on merit and financial need. HKU also provides many merit based scholarships, as well as scholarships and prizes for outstanding performance.
HKU also provides merit-based entrance scholarships for outstanding students. Students will be considered automatically for entrance scholarship upon submitting their application.
The information on application to the HKU-Sciences Po Dual Degree (2018/19) will be released soon. Please stay tuned.
Hear from the Students
As a student in the Campus of Menton, I was expected to do my third year in a Middle Eastern country. Yet, the opportunity to get two Bachelors, one in a European school and the other in an Asian one, tempted me. Academically it was clearly worth the shot because both universities are top-ranking. Above all, I could live in Asia for two years. It was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, and it was right in front of me – I seized it.
Since I come from the Le Havre (Europe-Asian) campus, Hong Kong is a natural choice for me to go on my dual degree. Also, Hong Kong is like a second home to me, although I do come from Shanghai, I know the people, the language, and the culture very well, so after two years living in France, Hong Kong did seem like an attractive choice.