Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Scholarships
In February 2012, Mr Chu Nap Kee and Ms Truong My Lan of Van Thinh Phat Group Holdings generously donated a sum to The University of Hong Kong for the establishment of the "Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Scholarships" to attract outstanding talents from Vietnam to study undergraduate programmes at the University.
Following the success of scholarship award during the past 5 years from The Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation Scholarship Fund, Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation continues to offer full scholarships for the 2018 academic year with value of HK$ 200,000 (approx. US$25,000) per year for each award to Vietnamese students to study in The University of Hong Kong (HKU), the 3rd best university in the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings of The World’s Most International Universities 2017 and often ranked as the best university in Asia by both Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and THE. The Scholarship shall be awarded to those aiming to study the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance;
- Any undergraduate programme offered by the Faculty of Architecture; and
- Any undergraduate programme offered by the Faculty of Engineering.
This full scholarship covers all necessary expenses (*) related to education and living of scholars throughout their study in HKU including application fee, Visa fee, tuition fee, airfares, accommodation and personal living expenses. The Scholarship shall be tenable throughout the course of study subject to a satisfactory academic performance being maintained, i.e. GPA of 3.0 or above.
The Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation Scholarship Fund aims at 1st-year students currently studying at any public universities or 12th-graders at any high school in Vietnam, with the following requirements:
- An average of 8 marks over 10 of all 3 subjects in the past Entrance Exam (for freshman students); or
- An average of 8 marks over 10 of all subjects in Grade 10, 11 and first semester of Grade 12 (for 12th-graders at public high schools); or
- An achievement score of 39 and above under IB assessment system (for 12th-graders at international high schools); and
- A minimum overall band of 6.5 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); a score of 583 or above (paper-based test) or 93 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The following candidates would be preferable:
- Candidates who are underprivileged
- Candidates who are good at Chinese
- Candidates who are obtaining a higher score for the Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
- Application can be submitted from December 11th, 2017 to February 15th, 2018 Application in English includes:
- Personal Statement letter
- Reference letter (if any)
- Certified copies of Academic documentations: confirmation of the current university, result of the past entrance exam, academic report of Year 10 – 12 (first semester of grade 12), and valid test report form in English competence.
- Certified copies of Personal documentations: ID or Passport, Household registry, Temporary residence record
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Scholarship Selection Committee, who will liaise with the relevant faculties of HKU to select the successful applicants.
Only successful candidates shall be informed and invited to a meeting with the top management of Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation.
(*) Note: The full scholarship does not cover certain costs of application such as costs of document dispatch, costs of notarizing documents (if any), other miscellaneous costs and costs incurred going beyond the scholarship amount. It is the responsibility of the student to cover these additional costs.
All applications shall be sent to the following address:
Attention: Mr. Hong Thai Phong – Hoa Thuan Phat Corporation
181 - 183 - 185 Tran Hung Dao Street, Co Giang Ward
District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
For any queries, kindly contact Mr. Hong Thai Phong via firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Scholarship Page