We welcome your application to HKU through the International Admissions Scheme / Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme if you are applying on the strength of qualifications other than Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) or mainland China's National Joint College Entrance Examination (NJCEE/Gao Kao), regardless of whether you are studying in Hong Kong or overseas.Frequently Asked Questions
Main Round application has now closed. Offers for Main Round application will be made from December 2017/January 2018 onwards. Please check out the Important Dates and Deadline for more details.
We welcome late applications until 12:00 noon, July 15, 2018 (Hong Kong Time), which will be considered on a rolling basis subject to the availability of places.
We value all roundedness
- You should have excellent examination scores for admission, but we also value non-academic excellence in particular leadership.
- You should provide your school's prediction of your grades in the school leaving examination, but we may also take into account your earlier school and/or public examination record.
- We take into account your Personal Statement and Referee's Report on you.
- You will need to provide us with evidence of good English language ability.
- We wish to see evidence of a second language ability, but not necessarily Chinese.
If you have any questions, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions here.