|Abbreviation to be used in the application form||Code||Number of first-year places|
Programme Aims and Features
The Faculty of Education in collaboration with the Faculty of Science offers an inter-disciplinary five-year honours degree focusing on the study and teaching of the science subjects Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Combined Science and Integrated Science in the new senior secondary school curriculum.
The double-degree curriculum integrates academic and professional studies in science education. Students complete a Science major programme in the Faculty of Science, and Education Professional Core courses in the Faculty of Education. Professional aspects of the double degree are phased in gradually over the five years, including pedagogical, psychological and sociological courses, and teaching practice in Hong Kong secondary schools. The curriculum focuses on the teaching of the science subjects as it takes place in mainstream Hong Kong schools.
Our graduates often join the following professions:
• Teaching Science or science-related subjects in mainstream Hong Kong schools and international schools
• Scientific researchers and personnel in tertiary-education institutions and government
• Officers and curriculum developers in bodies such as the Education Bureau
• Civil service and administration
• Publishing and textbook writing
• Research and development for private companies
Contacts for Further Information
Faculty of Education
Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Science Programme
Faculty of Science