Faculty of Architecture
The Faculty of Architecture is the unit of The University of Hong Kong that introduces students to the life-long process of learning through the lens of professional concerns specific to the education of architects and surveying professionals, while simultaneously extending those areas of knowledge represented within the Faculty into a range of other...
Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts was founded in 1912 and is one of the oldest and largest faculties in the University of Hong Kong. As one of the flagship faculties of the University, it has long been a focus of academic life and has continued to build on its traditions while meeting new educational and intellectual challenges. Teachers in the faculty are...
Faculty of Business and Economics
The Faculty of Business and Economics was created through the amalgamation of two schools: the School of Business and the School of Economics and Finance. The Faculty of Business and Economics takes an entrepreneurial approach to meeting the challenges of a rapidly changing economic and business environment by...
- 6767 Bachelor of Economics/ Bachelor of Economics and Finance
- 6781 Bachelor of Business Administration/ Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
- 6793 Bachelor of Business Administration (Information Systems)
- 6808 Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) and Bachelor of Laws (Double Degree)
- 6860 Bachelor of Finance in Asset Management and Private Banking
- 6884 Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Finance
- 6896 Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business and Global Management
Faculty of Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry at The University of Hong Kong is the premier dental school in Southeast Asia and the only institution in Hong Kong that provides undergraduate and postgraduate dental degrees. The Faculty was established in 1982 and is located in the Prince Philip Dental Hospital in Sai Ying Pun on Hong Kong Island.
Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education was established in 1984, at first as a department in the Faculty of Arts and then as a school, but the University has been involved in teacher education since 1917, and to this day is a major provider of teacher education in Hong Kong. The faculty adopted a unitary structure in September 2002. It now...
- 6066 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education in Language Education - English (Double Degree)
- 6080 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education in Language Education - Chinese (Double Degree)
- 6119 Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Science (Double Degree)
- 6157 Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing Sciences
- 6195 Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Social Sciences (Double Degree)
Faculty of Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering is one of the founding faculties of The University of Hong Kong, established in 1912. Since its foundation, the faculty has kept pace with developments in the engineering world, is always in the forefront of engineering research,...
- 6951 Bachelor of Engineering in Engineering Science
- 6963 Bachelor of Engineering
- 6963# - Mechanical Engineering
- 6963# - Civil Engineering
- 6963# - Computer Engineering
- 6963# - Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management
- 6963# - Computer Science
- 6963# - Medical Engineering
- 6963# - Electrical Engineering
- 6963# - Electronic Engineering
Faculty of Law
From a teaching department of three teachers and 40 students in 1969 to a faculty today with more than 2,000 students and 80 full-time academic staff from 17 jurisdictions, the Faculty of Law has been the training ground of many distinguished legal minds and generations of lawyers who have formed the backbone of...
Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
The University's Medical Faculty is the longest established faculty in Hong Kong. Created out of the Hong Kong College of Medicine, which was founded in 1887 as the Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese, it was accorded the position of premier faculty when the University was opened in 1911. In 2005 it was renamed the Li Ka Shing Faculty of...
Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science was formally established in 1939, though basic science subjects were taught from as early as 1912 when the University first admitted students. Since then, the faculty has developed into one of the largest in the University, comprising six departments and schools: Biological Sciences; Chemistry; Earth Sciences; Mathematics;...
Faculty of Social Sciences
The Faculty of Social Sciences was established in 1967 and has since undergone rapid expansion and transformation. The faculty comprises the departments of Geography, Politics and Public Administration, Psychology, Social Work and Social Administration, and Sociology. It also has seven multidisciplinary research centres that provide a platform for research interaction and collaboration among colleagues on campus...
Dual Degree Programmes
HKU has partnered with leading international universities around the world to give opportunities for students to experience different learning environments and cultures, while pursuing two degrees.