We welcome your application to HKU through the International Admissions Scheme / Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme if you are applying on the strength of qualifications other than Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) or mainland China's National Joint College Entrance Examination (NJCEE/Gao Kao), regardless of whether you are studying in Hong Kong or overseas.
We value all roundedness
- You should have excellent examination scores for admission, but we also value non-academic excellence in particular leadership.
- You should provide your school's prediction of your grades in the school leaving examination, but we may also take into account your earlier school and/or public examination record.
- If you have satisfied the University's Entrance Requirements before completion of your secondary school education, you may be considered for admission on an individual merit basis, but only under exceptional circumstances and if you have excellent results.
- We take into account your Personal Statement and Referee's Report on you.
- You will need to provide us with evidence of good English language ability.
- We wish to see evidence of a second language ability, but not necessarily Chinese.
Fast Track application has now closed.
For those who have already applied under Fast Track admission, if you are not selected during the Fast Track admission period, you will be considered further in the Main Round. You will not be disadvantaged by not having been made an offer during the Fast Track admission period.
Main Round application has now closed.
Offers for Main Round applications will be made from March 2016 onwards.
Late application has now closed. Late applications are no longer accepted.
Offer results for Late applications will be released on a rolling basis.
Sports Scholarship Scheme
The Sports Scholarship Scheme is available to students with significant commitment to the pursuit of sporting excellence as well as to their formal academic studies. Please visit the website of the University's Institute of Human Performance here for further details.