We welcome your application to HKU through the International Admissions Scheme / Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme if you are applying on the strength of qualifications other than Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) or mainland China's National Joint College Entrance Examination (NJCEE/Gao Kao), regardless of whether you are studying in Hong Kong or overseas.
If you would like to receive your application results from December 2015 onwards, you are required to select Fast Track admission on your application and complete the online application by 12:00 noon, November 16, 2015 (Hong Kong Time).
If you are not selected during the Fast Track admission period, you will be considered further in the Main Round. You will not be disadvantaged by not having been made an offer during the Fast Track admission period.
The deadline for Main Round applications is 12:00 noon, December 30, 2015 (Hong Kong Time). Offers for Main Round applications will be made from March 2016 onwards.
A small number of our study programmes might accept late applications after the Main Round deadline. Details will be finalised only after the Main Round application deadline and announced on this website. As undergraduate places fill up very quickly, you are advised to apply for admission as early as possible.
We value all roundedness
- You should have excellent examination scores for admission, but we also value non-academic excellence in particular leadership.
- You should provide your school’s prediction of your grades in the school leaving examination, but we may also take into account your earlier school and/or public examination record.
- If you have satisfied the University’s Entrance Requirements before completion of your secondary school education, you may be considered for admission on an individual merit basis, but only under exceptional circumstances and if you have excellent results.
- We take into account your Personal Statement and Referee’s Report on you.
- You will need to provide us with evidence of good English language ability.
- We wish to see evidence of a second language ability, but not necessarily Chinese.